Sunday 5 April 2015

BA Art and Design Week 13 Brief 1 - Multiples

Red Doll






My last doll is probably my favourite; I wanted to create a doll that had some kind of scandalous backstory; like a mysterious woman who was perhaps in an unhappy marriage and who secretly attends masquerade balls to satisfy her needs.





One of the things I love most about this doll, is the red dress. I actually had no red paper to use for an outfit, so instead I had to use red ribbons and lots and lots of glue. I really loved the shiny silky effect of the ribbon for her top.





Glittery red shoes
(Not a very good photo)




Finally I created a tiny mask to go along with the doll... and it was feckin' hard!
Its not as elegant looking as I would have liked, but I'm pleased enough, I used paper as the main body, black sequins with red glitter for decorations, a couple of red roses on the left hand side and finally a black ribbon attached to either side of the mask, so I could tie it around her head.




I like these photos because, the shadows and the mask help to convey an air of alluring mystery for the doll.








No comments:

Post a Comment