Sunday 25 May 2014

Transformation - Final Piece Planning

Personal Illustrated Version Of The Last Unicorn
Final Piece For 16/05/2014 
I decided to make a book for my final piece in the end; I felt the 3D stuff would take too long and a single painting felt too simple. So I decided to go with creating my own illustrated version of "The Last Unicorn"
(Which is basically what I wanted o do from the beginning of the project)
 
I decided to go for a simplistic/minimalistic design style for the illustrations; every other version I've come across is beautifully detailed (movie, graphic novel etc.) but I'd like to do a simpler style, as though I were making a simplified version for kids; a story book. So I will also tell/re-write the story, but keep it really basic compared to the original, to continue the idea of it being for kids.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Red Bull: This is the only piece I didn't draw or paint; I made it using illustrator, using just shapes and the subtraction technique for the entire thing.
 
Besides that, I decided to draw and paint all the other individual pieces and then put them together into pages on Photoshop, these are most of the images I used in the final pages.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment